“Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” Luke 6:38
As the tithes and offerings form a fundamental part of our worship, it is essential that we stay faithful in returning these blessings to our Lord. Those who have access to electronic means of payment are encouraged to make use of this method.
There are several ways of giving:
- On-line Giving for Tithe & Offerings – visit the South England Conference website and click the DONATE button to securely give to Luton Central. Just select “Luton Central” from the list of churches. You can make one time or recurring donations. Please note that you cannot give offerings and tithe in a single transaction. You must donate each as a separate transaction. So select to donate your offerings first and once you’ve completed the payment please go back and select the DONATE button to donate your tithe.
Giving using the MobiCash App for Tithe & Offerings – download and install the MobiCash on to your smart phone or device. Instructions on installing and donating via the app can be found here
- Bank Transfer/Standing Order for Tithe & Offerings – Please quote your Gift Aid number, if you have one, as the bank transaction reference: The account details are:
Account Name: South England Conference
Sort Code: 40-45-28
Account Number: 11014153
- Weekly Local Church Budget Text Giving - Send a text message with "SDA Luton Central" to
70100 - £1
70300 - £3
70500 - £5
70575 - £10
70750 - £20 (a one-off donation)
Once you have donated using one of the above options, the same amount will be donated each week going forward (except where you have choosen to donate £20). However, you will get a free weekly reminder text message that funds will be coming out, if you would like to STOP or SKIP a week text the same number. Donations will be added to your monthly mobile phone bill or deducted from your Pay-As-You-Go balance. Each time you donate you will receive a text confirmation and a Gift Aid link.
- Bank Transfer for Local Offerings – Please provide your name and type of donation in reference field so we know how to handle your offering. The Luton Central account details are:
Account Name: Luton SDA Church
Sort Code: 40-30-39
Account Number: 31022636
- Telephone - call the South England Conference on 01923 232 728 (Option 4). Available between Monday to Thursday from 9:30am to 4:30pm to take tithe and offerings by card payment.
- Cheques – Please issue cheques payable to South England Conference and provide a breakdown of how you want the money to be distributed (i.e. tithe and offering) and write your gift aid number, if you have one, at the back of the cheque. Cheques can be posted or dropped-off using the church’s letterbox but please do not include any cash in your envelope. The Church’s postal address is,
Luton Central Adventist Church
1 North Street
Members who are tax payers are encouraged to participate in the Gift Aid programme in order to maximise the funds given to the Church. For every £1 given by participating members of the Gift Aid programme, the government returns to the Church 25p. If you pay tax at the higher rate, you can claim further tax relief through your Self-Assessment Tax Return. Find out more here.